Sunday, July 1, 2018

S2KDays 2018 - Days 7 & 8

Arrived at the Hyatt Regency in Westlake Village, CA, mid-afternoon on Saturday. Rested up Saturday. Today I washed the car and helped the event organizers prepare the "goody" bags, attended the welcome reception, and I just returned from dinner across the street. Tomorrow starts the meet drives, with a 270 mile drive planned, starting at 8:30 AM. I volunteered to be the drive leader for the more spirited group, so it should be a fun day. We end the day in Ventura to watch the sun set over the Pacific. If I get any good pics, I will post them.

This is the arrival GPS reading:




I will probably be adding another 500 miles or so on our planned drives, so I  have scheduled an oil change on Tuesday, when I will be riding with one of the locals on our trip to the Honda Museum in Torrence.

In spite of the issue with the belt tensioner, this has been a great trip so far!

Oh, California freeways suck! DC traffic pales in comparison.

1 comment: