Friday, June 29, 2018

S2KDays 2018 - Day 6

Had trouble sleeping last night as I was concerned whether the parts for the S would come in as promised. Needless worries! I got a call at 10:15 this morning that the car was ready to go. Talk about relief!

After paying the bill (you don't want to know how much,) I departed for Tempe, AZ. Today was all I-10 driving, as I needed to get to Tempe to pick up some door prizes before 6:00. This was my first trip across the New Mexico and Arizona deserts, and I was amazed at the different topography. Elevations from 7,000 to under 4,000 feet on the way. And, coming from the east coast, I can't believe how barren everything looks. Passed several pecan orchards on the way, and obviously they are irrigated. They were the few green sights I saw.

Anyway, tomorrow I will be checking into the hotel at Westlake Village, CA, the site of our S2KCA meet. Really looking forward to seeing some old friends and new sights and meeting some new friends as well!

Here is the GPS pic, which covers the last 2 days on Trip B.


4 comments:

  1. Glad you are on the road again...Sorry your a bit poorer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lainey! Still having fun, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, you've experienced the reverse of what I experience when I go east for Vintage meets. What's with all the constant green back there? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I forgot, why so many trees? You can't see the land for the trees. I love to see the green and trees but they make me long for desert and landscapes after awhile. Do you long for some thick green trees?

    ReplyDelete