Tuesday, June 26, 2018

S2KDays 2018 - Day 3

For the most part, today was miles and miles of miles and miles, most on 4-lane, non-Interstate roads. However, it all changed about 15 miles from my destination (Miami. OK) as the Oklahoma skies decided to open up on me with a ferocious thunderstorm. At times, it was almost impossible to see the road (2-lane) in front of me. To top it off, as I got to my final turn about 12 miles from the hotel, there was a flashing sign that the road was closed 10 miles ahead. Unfortunately, the GPS and Waze knew nothing about this, but I finally found the detour sign, and after about 45 minutes, arrived at the hotel, still driving in the downpour, with massive lightning strikes all around. At least there was no hail!

After a short happy hour in the hotel and a much needed nap, I went to dinner at a very nice Mexican restaurant, Los Dos Amigos, which was very good. On the way back, I discovered that this town is on the old historic Route 66. Here are a couple pics I took in the downtown area.







Note: Updated the pics to add a couple.

And today's final GPS reading. Trip A is the total miles on the trip, while Trip B is today's mileage.


Looks like I'm about halfway there, according to the mileage. Tomorrow's destination is Clovis NM.

(Depending on when I get going, I may take a couple more pictures here in MIami,)

No comments:

Post a Comment