Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Day 1 - Home to Jackson, Ohio

I had originally planned to make this first day about 80% on back roads, however, a late start and my normal pre-trip lack of sleep convinced me to stick to the Interstates and 4-lanes.

Here's the trunk of my S2000 fully packed right before I left home this morning around 9:00 AM:



The only thing missing is the cooler full of local Delaware craft beers I'm bringing for our beer exchange next week. It's in there now!

Here's my front passenger seat with my overnight stuff, plus some snacks for on the road:



My GPS said it was this far to Jackson when I left:



And it read this when I arrived!


Looks like I showed ole Garmin, huh???

Tomorrow, I should be back on my original schedule, and on the back roads to Olney, Illinois. Hope to post some pics of something besides corn fields!

6 comments:

  1. I love your blog, Gene! You're a bad boy for beating the Garmin time. I hope you get some good sleep on your trip. I know you usually don't. Take it easy. Listen to the Eagles, man. :) Be SAFE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind comments, "unknown!" Got a great night's sleep and after I have my coffee, I'm off for Illinois!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work Gene

    Bob& Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gene,

    great blog with pictures
    Enjoy the rest of your trip
    All the best
    Veronica and Paul (Phill_69)

    ReplyDelete