Thursday, July 28, 2016

Day 10 - Durango, Colorado to Torrey, Utah

Today was a group drive with 9 S2000's and 13 participants. We are calling this the "after the meet drive."

This morning in Durango:



Our first stop was at the Natural Bridges National Monument in Utah:



There are three bridges here in viewing range of the circle drive, and here they are in order:

The first, the largest:







The second:






And the third:






On the way to our next park, Capitol Reef, I took these shots out the window, which reminded me of my trip through Monument Valley some 6 years ago:




So, here we are arriving at Capitol Reef National Park:



There are so many absolutely stunning views here, I don't know which to post, but here are a few that I really like:


















And tonight in Torrey:



I must say, as much as I love Colorado, the scenery in this part of Utah is nothing short of spectacular.These pictures just do not do it justice.

What a great country we live in!!!!!!!

Lots of miles left to go!!!

3 comments:

  1. 1st day of looking at your blog, Gene. So sorry I'm so far behind, but enjoying looking at your trip!. Capitol Reef does remind me of our visit to Monument Valley last year. But it looks like your roads were paved (lucky you!). I love the buttes! Fay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both parents from Idaho - love it! Great pictures, thanks.

    ReplyDelete