Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Days 6 and 7- Durango, Colorado

First of all, let me start off by saying this:

I LOVE COLORADO!!!

So now it's time to catch up on my blog, since today, Wednesday, is a day with no planned activities at our car meet and I am using the time to sleep in, do laundry, and catch up on the blog.

So, Sunday at 8:00 AM I boarded the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railway for the 3 1/2 hour trip to the old mining town of Silverton. This trip passed through some spectacular scenery, and I could not have asked for a better day. I will just include a few of the many pictures I took on the trip. The return trip was by bus, about 1 1/2 hours. Here are the pictures:






















 Here is the train parked in the street in Silverton:




 Pictures just do not do justice to the spectacular scenery here!

After I returned to Durango, I drove the 20 or so miles to my friend's "cabin" (his vacation home-he lives in Houston, Texas) where I spent Sunday night:




 Around 5:30 or so, we drove another 50 miles east to the Pagosa Springs home of one of the meet organizers, for a social hour. Just was able to capture a spectacular sunset from his deck:



 So, this wraps up Day 6.

Day 7 was the official opening day of the meet, and only included a social hour at the hotel, so there are no pictures, as this was a time to catch up with old friends and meet some new ones. The common interest all 75 of us share, of course is the Honda S2000.

Oh, I did wash the car and got all the bugs off the grille!

1 comment:

  1. Need a bugcatcher on your grill. Many here in FL use them due to the 'love bugs'. Did you catch your lunch of grasshoppers today, also?

    ReplyDelete